Monday 18 June 2007

Post One - Introduction

It is nineteen days until the Tour de France starts in London;the day after the race travels through Kent and into the historic city of Canterbury. For English cyclists, it is a great chance to see le Tour on home soil for the first time since 1994. Many more are luckier - the event passes through their hometown. It may even go past their house. If that applies to you, don't expect to go anywhere on July 8th.

I am in the latter category. I currently live in Brompton, and the race passes through the aptly-named Brompton Road on its way out of Gillingham into historic Rochester.



However, I won't be there to watch the race - my viewing points are as follows:

Prologue - The Mall
Stage One - The Mall (Roll Out), Strood High Street, Corporation Street (Rochester), St. Margarets Street (Rochester), Rheims Way (Canterbury - finish)

This blog will focus mainly on the Tour in England, particularly the preparations in the Medway area. The Cyclosportive event on Sunday, July 1st (http://www.everydaycycling.com/events.aspx?fid=598) will also be covered.

Feel free to get involved, that's what Blogs are there for. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in and around London come July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Heart of Stone," Iko: The talk scene between Bella and Edward.
Each lender sets its own guidelines for loan approval and issuance of credit information.

Immer noch viel wird ihm Generalisierung, die gemacht werden kann und Autodarlehen betrifft, gesichert Zinss.


Here is my web blog :: http://swk-kredit.info/

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your information – I have
definitely picked up something new from right here.
I did however expertise several technical points using this website,
as I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I
could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK?
Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could
damage your high quality score if advertising
and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my
email and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content.
Make sure you update this again soon.

my website :: www.business.de